“Do not dwell in the past, do not dream in the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.”
Getting into a flow state of mind can be challenging. There are so many distraction and barriers around us, that we need to be aware of, and avoid. To know how to avoid flow barriers, we need to identify them. Here are a couple of common flow barriers we tend to face throughout our day.
- Heavy energy
- Personal suffering of any kind; especially emotional
- Neuroticism – having your attention on too many areas of focus at the same time.
Avoiding these barriers can help us stay in the flow state of mind throughout our day. But what about if we do encounter one of these barriers, and it takes us out of our flow state? Fortunately, there are a couple of things we can do to get our minds back into the flow state. These things included but are not limited to,
- Activities that cause higher frequency vibrations
- Forgiveness: moves us to higher brain waves
- Limbic locking with others
- Showing sympathy/empathy
- Crying together
- Deep Meditation
- Activities that allow our subconscious to take over:
- Taking a shower
- Getting a massage
- Doing things that have a purpose and create passion in our lives.
Do you want to learn more about how to get into a flow state? Come back next week where we will be talking about a study done by Dr. Schaffer and his 7 conditions to help generate a flow state of mind, or contact STRIVE to get into the flow state yourself.
To learn more about STRIVE follow our Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/strivecoachinginc/